Whatever your political persuasion, aren't you glad that this day is finally here?
I got up extra early this morning and waited for about two hours to cast my ballot. Seeing that huge line stretch out of our polling place and around the corner almost brought tears to my eyes. Everyone seemed excited and engaged, even at such an early hour. I am now happily wearing my little "I Voted" sticker - "Proud City. Proud Voter."
Including “#votereport” in your tweet is enough to get your report tracked by Twitter Vote Report. But the more details you can stuff in, the better. So, for example, include in your Twitter post:
- #[zip code]to indicate the zip code where you’re voting; ex., “#12345″
- L:[address or city] to drill down to your exact location; ex. “L:1600 Pennsylvania Avenue DC”
- #machine for machine problems; ex., “#machine broken, using prov. ballot”
- #reg for registration troubles; ex., “#reg I wasn’t on the rolls”
- #wait:[minutes] for long lines; ex., “#wait:120 and I’m coming back later”
- #early if you’re voting before November 4th
- #good or #bad to give a quick sense of your overall experience
- #EP[your state] if you have a serious problem and need help from the Election Protection coalition; ex., #EPOH
Go vote! It's up to you :o)